GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The Alabama women’s golf team finished tied for third at the Gators Invitational on Tuesday at the par-70, 6,002-yard Mark Bostick Golf Course.
The Crimson Tide shot their lowest round of the tournament at 5-over-par 285, climbing two spots from their position after 36 holes. UA finished 23-over par 863 (291-287-285), tied with Maryland and seven shots back of host Florida and Ole Miss who shared the team title at 16-over 856.
“It was nice to be in contention today,” Alabama head coach Mic Potter. “This still isn’t up to our standards, but it’s getting closer, and I was proud of the way this team battled today. They were a little sloppy in areas, but our momentum is moving in the right direction and we really handled adversity well.”
Alabama’s Benedetta Moresco shot even par in her last time around the course, to finish fifth individually at 210. Kenzie Wright carded the Tide’s next best round on Tuesday at 1-over par 71 that left her in a tie for 15th at 7-over 217.
Florida’s Annabell Fuller was the individual winner at 5-under par 205 (67-72-66) and led the Gators (287-291-278/856) to a two-way tie with Ole Miss (293-279-284/856) for first place.
A Look at the Alabama Lineup
- Benedetta Moresco carded four birdies in the final round to secure her first top five finish at Alabama
- Kenzie Wright went 1-over par 71 during the third round to tie for 15th overall 217 (76-70-71)
- Caroline Curtis finished 2-over par 72 in the third round to tie for 20th overall at 8-over par 218 (74-72-72)
- Polly Mack finished tied for 38th after turning in a 2-over par 72 in round three (73-79-72/222)
- Rounding out the group, Emilie Øverås posted her best score of the tournament at 2-over par 72 and finished in a tie for 48th (73-79-72/224)
5. Benedetta Moresco, 73-67-70/210
T15. Kenzie Wright, 76-70-71/217
T20. Caroline Curtis, 74-72-72/218
T38. Polly Mack, 71-78-73/222
T48. Emilie Øverås, 73-79-72/224
The Crimson Tide will return to action March 1-3 for South Carolina’s Gamecock Intercollegiate in Columbia, S.C.
Get all the latest information on the team by following @AlabamaWGolf, on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. General athletic news can also be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.