TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Fighting Irish women’s golfer Lauren Beaudreau fired an even par 72 in the second round of the 2021 Florida State Math-Up on Saturday at the Seminole Legacy Golf Course (par 72/6,255 yards).
Beadureau, who started on the back nine, went out in 39 (+3) and then caught fire on the front, carding an eagle at the par-4 second and adding a birdie on the eighth to go along with seven pars for a 33 (-3). After a first round 76, Beaudreau’s 72 on Saturday moved her up into a tie for 13th with one round remaining.
🦅 ➡️ No. 2@LaurenBeaudreau sunk an eagle on the second hole to start the second round off strong!
— ND Women’s Golf (@NDwomensGolf) February 27, 2021
Freshman Julia Bordeaux rebounded to earn the second-best Irish score on the day, finishing with a second-round 81.
|T13||Lauren Beaudreau (2)||76||72|
|T56||Jessica Meyers (3)||75||83|
|T58||Madelyn Jones (1)||77||82|
|T58||Claire Albrecht (4)||76||83|
|74||Julia Bordeaux (5)||93||81|
Florida State (282) leads the 14-team field, followed by Kent State (284) and Clemson (301).
Notre Dame’s second round tee times are slated to begin at 8:50 a.m. on Saturday and live scoring will be available via Golfstat.
Florida State, Clemson, Coastal Carolina, Jacksonville, Kansas St, Kent State, Notre Dame, Memphis, Mercer, Michigan State, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio State, USF.
Career Best Rounds (most recent occurrence listed)
- Claire Albrecht: 68 (first round of the 2019 Jim West Challenge)
- Lauren Beaudreau: 66 (second round of the 2019 Schooner Fall Classic)
- Julia Bordeaux: 81 (second round of the 2021 FSU Match-Up)
- Abby Heck: 66 (third round of the 2019 Schooner Fall Classic)
- Madelyn Jones: 68 (second round of the 2020 Westbrook Invitational)
- Jessica Meyers: 70 (first round of the 2020 Jim West Challenge)
- Chloe Schiavone: 71 (second round of the 2021 Purdue Intercollegiate)
The Irish are back in action on March 13-14 at Augusta University’s tournament at Forest Hills Golf Club in Augusta, Georgia.